Search My Blog

Saturday 31 August 2013

My Unexpected Forever Review



***IT'S SUGGESTED YOU READ MY EVERYTHING BEFORE READING MY UNEXPECTED FOREVER***

I expected a life of music.
I expected to raise my son.
It took one look to make everything change.
I never expected happiness.

I never expected to find her.
I never expected to feel desire.
I never expected I’d be a family man.
I never expected to be loved.
I never expected to fall in love.

They say you should expect the unexpected, I didn’t realize my unexpected would be the forever kind.



Amazon UK | Amazon US



Review


What can I say but...I ADORE Harrison!! 
If you loved Forever My Girl, you will ABSOLUTELY LOVE My Unexpected Forever...such an emotional read.

I have to be honest and I was a bit worried it wouldn't live up to Forever My Girl because I loved that book but I needn't have worried as I freakin' loved it. Heidi, you have another smash on your hands!


Katelyn is a widowed mother of two young girls, twins Elle and Peyton. She married her high school sweetheart, Mason. They were happy and in love and she thought they would grow old together until one fateful night he was killed in a car accident. 

She is not ready to give up her love for her late husband just yet and certainly not to a tattooed drummer in a band. A band, her late husband's best friend, Liam, is lead singer with.  


Harrison is a sexy, green-eyed tattooed, beanie wearing drummer in Liam Page's band 4225 West. He has successfully raised his young son, Quinn, on his own ever since Quinn's mother turned up with him one day soon after his birth and left without him.   
Harrison first meets Katelyn and the twins when he visits Liam in Beaumont not long after Mason's funeral and he knows his life, and his heart, will never be the same again. 

My Unexpected Forever is a beautiful story of finding love when, and with whom, you least expect it. I was hooked from the first page. 


I fell in love with Harrison immediately. I loved the relationship he had built with his son, and I loved the way he interacted with the twins and finally won them over. Elle warmed to him straight away (who wouldn't?) but Peyton was a different story. I adored those girls.

My heart melted quite a few times, okay a lot of the time with Harrison, especially during a scene between him and Peyton and another when everyone was exchanging gifts...no spoilers. I adored Harrison for his sensitivity in recognising and accepting  Katelyn's feelings for her late husband and giving her the time she needed to mourn. But, all the while gently showing her it was okay to love another man, himself.  Did I tell you, I loved Harrison? *sighs*

My heart broke for Katelyn. A year on and she is still dealing with the grief of losing her husband and trying to help her daughters cope too. Now she has to try and fight these feelings she is starting to have for Harrison but knows she shouldn't have, right? She sees his tattoos and can't see past them, telling herself that he is definitely NOT her type. So why is he invading her thoughts all the time and fast becoming someone she needs in her life?

I cried until my throat hurt when Katelyn visited Mason's grave. 
In fact, I shed lots of tears throughout this book, happy and sad but I also smiled and sighed a lot too. 
When I wasn't reduced to a sobbing mess I was fanning myself due to those damn HOT sexy scenes! 
I want to take a motorbike ride, Harrison James style. And I'll never look at a dressing table in the same light again. Omigod that was HOT!!



Of course you knew that there would have to be something or someone come in to throw a spanner in the works. This came in the form of the band's mad psychotic ex-manager Sam, rearing her jealous head. She's hell bent on destroying things for Liam and Harrison but to what lengths will she go to and how low will she stoop?

I loved the way Liam and Josie still played a big part in this book but not enough to detract from Katelyn and Harrison's story. And I also liked that Aubrey and Nick (My Everything) were, briefly, woven in too.


Oh and I HAVE to mention Harrison's song for Katelyn! Listen to his song below and play it while you read the scene where the band sing it for the first time...I dare you not to cry, I did!


I have gone through a roller coaster of emotions and am feeling rather battered. Do yourself a favour and stock up on tissues before you start reading...trust me.


Although I was pretty sad to leave Beaumont, I slowed down towards the last few chapters to avoid the end, I have a feeling it won't be long before we are visiting the residents of that town soon, one in particular...Jenna.   

A definite MUST read.

I give My Unexpected Forever... 




*Book gifted in return for an honest review





No comments:

Post a Comment