Search My Blog

Sunday 14 July 2013

April Showers review



What happens when your head and your heart pull you in completely opposite directions? 

April Adams is about to find out the hard way.

When April enrols at Manchester University, it feels like a whole new life. New city, new house, new friends...new crush. 

Isaac Sharpe is the hottest guy on campus - with an even hotter reputation. After a chance meeting, April quickly finds herself wrapped up in all that he is. But what if all that he is isn't what it seems?

Caught up in a battle between what she wants and what she thinks she needs, April meets Lukas Roberts. Lukas is the security blanket that she craves so desperately and she finds solace in their friendship. But what happens when she finds more than she bargained for?

April has always been a big believer of fate, but will she learn that she's in control of her own destiny before it's too late?

Join April as she embarks on a life changing journey of love and loss, which will have you laughing and crying until the very end






***4.5 stars***

April Adams meets Isaac Sharpe and Lukas Roberts on her first day at Manchester University and so begins a roller coaster of emotions, not just for the main characters but for me too!! 

Isaac bumps into April , literally, when she is running late for her first lecture. He is devastatingly handsome, seems very sure of himself and makes a huge impression on April. When they happen to meet again later that night, at a uni party, the deep attraction between them is obvious and they arrange to go on a date the next day...but things don't always go according to plan.

Lukas meets April  in their first lecture. He takes her under his wing, showing her the best places to eat etc. and they quickly become very good friends. Lukas is someone to rely on and always seems to know just what to do and say to make her feel better. 

April  has two gorgeous men vying for her attention but who will she choose and will it be the right decision? Her head is telling her one thing while her heart is telling her another. I know who I choose but I can't possibly tell you...SPOILERS!!!

A twist to the plot early on sees April making a choice that she finds hard to stick to but she must if she wants to stay at uni, and made me shout at my kindle a few times!! 
Cue emotional angst, tears, turmoil, copious amounts of alcohol (to help with the turmoil) & hangovers from Hell...April not me! 
From beginning to end I was hooked. I did want to shake April and tell her to get her act together sooner than she did though but when she finally did, oh, I wasn't disappointed!! I wanted to smack Hollie, the bitch from uni and I STILL don't trust her, I may have shouted obscenities at my kindle, on occasion, at her, lol. 
But the ending...I was like, NOOOOOO!!!!! Karli, hurry up with book two, I need to know what happens!! A real cliff hanger!

April Showers has just enough steamy scenes to get your pulse racing but not enough that you're thinking 'enough already!' I definitely recommend this as a 1-click buy.

Congratulations Karli Perrin on a great debut novel, I predict great things for you.

Amazon Uk | Amazon US

"Life is one big risk, you just need to recognise which risks are worth taking"

"No rain. No rainbow."




No comments:

Post a Comment