Search My Blog

Monday 8 April 2013

Picture Perfect


Fashion design major Cat Mitchell has a closet full of gorgeous clothes - and not a single thing fits. After two years of runway modeling for easy cash, an accident shattered her lower leg bone and her self-esteem in just one swift fall. Ten months of no exercise, prescription steroids, comfort eating and yoga pants meant returning to campus as a size twelve instead of her former size two.

When her gorgeous long-time friend with benefits sees her for the first time after her accident and snubs her in front of all her friends, Cat’s self-image hits rock bottom. Her sorority sisters all insist that she looks gorgeous, but all Cat sees is the roll of her stomach when she sits down, or the dimpling at the back of her thighs that wasn't there last year. Cat’s therapist prescribes something radical to stop the downward spiral - nude modeling for a nearby college's human form drawing classes.

When Cat faces her fears and bares it all for the class, she realizes that she's posing naked in front the most gorgeous, buffest guy she's ever seen in her life. He asks her out after the class, and after one steamy night and six weeks of perfect dates together, Cat's absolutely smitten.

But when Cat goes home with Nate for Thanksgiving, she discovers something shocking from his recent past that proves that he hasn’t always been so encouraging of women of all shapes and sizes. Cat has no idea what to think, but she does know one thing - this might destroy their relationship before it's even had a chance to get off the ground.

Before Cat can figure out whether the real Nate is the sensitive, adoring guy she fell in love with, or an undercover asshole, she'll have to finally feel comfortable in her own skin - even if it means leaving him forever.



I knew from the first page I was going to like Cat's story and I wasn't disappointed.
As someone who has struggled with her weight most of her adult life I totally understood how Cat felt every time she looked in the mirror and wasn't happy with the image staring back at her. I've been there...sucking in my stomach, in the hope that my top will suddenly fit and lying on my bed, on my back, with a coat hanger hooked into the zipper of my favourite jeans struggling to get them fastened and nearly busting a blood vessel in the process!
Ok, Cat may not be seriously overweight compared to some people but she has put on enough weight for it to affect the way she sees herself and the way she thinks others see her. She can't stop thinking of how good she used to look and how much confidence she used to have when she was much thinner. All she can see is a roll of fat round her waist and thicker thighs that rub together when she walks which makes her depressed and brings her self-esteem right down, especially when Jake, her douchebag "friend with benefits", humiliatingly snubs her in front of her friends. My heart went out to her, I wanted to put my arms round her and then go punch him!!
I loved sweet, sensitive and sexy as hell Nate who fell in love with Cat, helped her come to terms with her new size, made her feel comfortable with her more curvier body and showed her she was still sexy and beautiful. I want my very own Nate who will make me feel like I look a million dollars even when wearing my baggy old clothes and feeling like crap! My eyes filled up when he made "that speech". Really, where can I find my own Nate?

Picture Perfect is a heart warming story that teaches us that beauty really does come within and if you have the confidence to believe in yourself and believe that you are beautiful, no matter how the outside packaging looks, then others will see it and believe it too.

Get your copy here.

Amazon UK
Amazon US

Dressing was all about wearing what was best for your body.

...Now you're my entire definition of perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment